Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RUN TIME ERROR '3044': ?!!?!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabaulza

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2004
GB
I have ajobs database that tracks and logs all jobs. A database called 'backup' has been created which backups all the neccessary data.

Now, when i save a form on the jobs database a runtime error '3044' appears saying "r:\job\backup.mdb isnt a valid path. Make sure th path is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides"

When i click the DEBUG button on this error the following code is highlighted:

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, _
"Microsoft Access", _
"R:\job\backup.MDB", _
acTable, _

I have checked the serer names, filenames etc... but it makes not difference! Also, i dont know if this helps, but this error has on recently appeared (few days before new years!)

Can anyone help me please?!!?!?!?!

thanks

From your desktop can you open the backup database without error ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hey,

Yes, i tried putting both the databses on my desktop and change the code to the new location for the backup and for some reason, exactly the same error comes up! (with exception for a different path, which now referes to the desktop location).

The backup database works perfectly... alone, but for some reason the jobs database does'nt like it anymore!

what really confuses me is that the databses havenet been modified or anything before the error bagan appearing, could have maybe been caused by some date function?

Thanks

Sorry, i missed out the last line of the error, the code is:

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, _
"Microsoft Access", _
"R:\HCP Finance Jobs Database\BACKUP.MDB", _
acTable, _
"TblJobList", _
"Backup_" & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & "_" & Format(time, "hhmmss")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back