Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-Time Error '-2147467259 (800004005)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a client running SQL server 2005. The application is written in VB 6.
I cannot recreate the error, in my test environment, that they are having when they try and print a report. There is a large amount of data being processed but after a few minutes they receive
Run-Time '-2147467259 (800004005)'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
We have attempted to run a trace and that yielded nothing useful.
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using an ODBC driver on their machine? Maybe one needs set up.

The driver and the connection are setup. The user connects to the SQL server using the SA account.
All other functions in the application appear to work fine it just appears to be when they pull this on specific report.

Kkiedrowski - I have seen a similar error, but that was because the standard ADO timeout is really short (connection 15 seconds, query result 30 seconds) - I can't see why this would be your problem but it might be something to look at and check.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

The developer looked into that and it does not appear to be the issue

I have a client running SQL server 2005.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]

First, I recommend you start using the SQL Native client driver. (OLEDB). The performance will be better, and more stable.

Also, I suggest you try using the IP address for the server instead of the computer name.

I make these suggestions based on experiences. One or 2 of my customers have reported something similar while using my application. If this resolves your problem, I would suspect a DNS problem.

I know this must be frustrating. I wish you luck.

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back