Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run tim e

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurk118

Programmer
Feb 8, 2008
GB
During runtime, are the connections within the connection managers validated prior to varible population within package configuration?

I have a suite of packages that I have developed that populate connection strings through parent variable assignment (the variable is then used to set the connection string on the connection via an expression).

If I take off line the databases that the package was developed against and run the with correct configurations that holds database connection that are valid I still get connection errors.

Should this happen? It makes deployment of the program very difficult as I have numerous environmenst (dev, testing, uat, bau, production etc) and do not want to have to change the connections within each of the packages to suit each environment!

Yes. If you are simply passing the connection string variable to point it to the correct environment then you are better off using package configurations and setting your connection sting this way. Validation takes place after configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back