Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run the Process in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKZ

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
I want to run a process from a screen that should run in the background and update certain tables from some other tables. Currently I have a screen (form1) that has a buttons that runs a modeless form (form2). I can do anything with form1 while form2 is also in the background, but when i select form2 and hit a command button to update tables, I cannot do anything unless that process is finished.

I am thinking of creating a separate executable that should run form2 and call it from form1. I hope it will work. Just wondering there is any easy way to that. Any quick help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KKZ

Yes, I dont' see a big problem with that. Just create a separate exe (with no interface) that does the updating or even a COM server or a DLL.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anyway, we could do it without calling a seperate exe or dll or com server?

KKZ

Is there anyway, we could do it without calling a seperate exe or dll or com server?

Is that exactly what you are doing currently and you want to move awwat from?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back