Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run SubProcedure in Access97 from VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningSql

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hello All --

I'm not a full fledged VB6 programmer but I can make my way around most things. I'm more of a know-enough to get around many programming platforms type of person....so please bear with me on this one....

Is it possible to have a fully working SubProcedure in MSAccess97 run by a VB6 application? The Sub runs 2 update queries then exports 8 select queries into 1 Excel workbook.

Here are particulars...
- MSAccess 97 db has a PW on it
- The SubProcedure works perfectly every single time when run from within MSAccess97 but I can't seem to find any code that will call the SubProcedure from VB6
- Is it better to use ADO or DAO when coding this solution?

What I'm really beating myself on is:
- How do I open up the DB passing the PW on automatically?
- How do I run the SubProcedure from the VB6 app?

It's been at least 2 days so I've been diligent about searching but probably have used wrong terms to search for the correct solution. I appreciate any direction you can give.

I'm operating on Windows XP Pro, Access97, VB6 sp5(?).

Thanks again.
PJ

Yes, it is possible, but you'll probably get better answers at forum705.

I hope this helps.

Ron Repp

If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then I'm a genius.

Thanks Ron.

I'm curious about posting in Forum705 because it deals specifically with Access Modules where I, unless I asked the wrong question, I needed help in finding out how to actually call the Access module from a VB6 application.

I'll still post there and see what turns up. Thanks for the info.

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back