Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run stored procedure from Access?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppet

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
Is it possible to call a stored proceedure from Access? I would think that Microsoft would have this functionality but I can't find anything about it in Access 200 help files. How about running a job from Access? - Maybe pushing it a bit here but it would help me a lot if it is possible.

You can use VBA.
Look in the help for more info

Branko

puppet:
Probably that code we were looking at in our last thread might be the VBA code needed?

branko:
i think it was pretty sharp of you to find the code in the other posting. It was a loooong thread, seemingly unrelated to this topic here (until you got right to the bottom!)

bp

OK this is getting way outta my knowledge range - I don't even know how or where to use that code!

I really appreciate all the help and advice you guys are giving me here - I have never had any exposure to VBA and Access. What do I do with the code you have provided me with??

I suspect (hope!) Branko knows more about this than I do.

You can call a stored procedure from Access using a pass thru query. Find this in the query types.

Try the following resources.

Access Help contains a topic, "Send commands to an SQL database using a pass-through query." This topic is available online at...

[ignore]
How to Create an SQL Pass-Through Query Using Data Access Objects

Sample Code for Running Temporary SQL Pass-Through Query

How to Simulate Parameters in an SQL Pass-Through Query
[/ignore] Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

thanks bperry.
I learned something too. I didn't know about the pass through query.

Branko

ALL IS WORKING!!

Thanks everyone for your help. I now have a user running a passthrough query (very simple to do) which calls a Stored Proceedure which updates all the relevant tables and provides her with the latest data in her access view of our database.

I couldn't be happier and am off home for a beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back