Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Scheduled task Minimized? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaturnSeven

Programmer
Aug 4, 2005
GB
Is there any way or a way around running a scheduled task in a minimized state.
I have a task that needs to run every 15 mins and I do not want it to pop up over want I'm working on.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The task is running a MS Access database that outputs a XML file. As far as I can see there isn't an option in the windows task schedule for background.

You could create a shortcut to the task or program in its own directory.

This will make a .lnk file, edit the properties of the shortcut to run as minimized.

Just a note to this you must enter the path to the shortcut manually in the scheduled task line - (do a cut and paste job from explorer)as browsing will not show up the .lnk file in the scheduler.

Hope it helps it should only flash when the job runs.

You could create an AutoExec macro in the Access database to minimise the application window. Just create a macro called 'AutoExec', put in an Action of 'RunCommand' and enter the command as 'AppMinimize'.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back