Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run query on form and show results on same form

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeS2

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
What I need to do is have a single form that users can enter info into 3 fields and then click a button that will fill in the rest of the form, 2 more fields. I can't get this figured out, and I'm not good at VBA. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi FeS2

Where does your form get the information to fill in the second 2 fields? Is it based on what the user enters into the first 3 fields?

It will be based on the 1st field. The button will check the table and fill in the last 2 fields. From there, another button will send an e-mail with the information from the form but not as an attachment, it will be in the body of the e-mail.

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to do yet... (slow on the uptake)

Why can't you have the first field as a key linked to a table with the last 2 fields.

For example: Selecting a city, that links to a table with country and shipping method?

Maybe if you give an example might make it easier to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back