Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run out of Licenses and cant login!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alweb99

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
GB
Anyone have a solution to this?

We've got 10 user licenses and have undocked all 10 by mistake!

Now None of the remote users have access to the config or license manager as those options are not available on their menus.

There's a couple of old users we could delete but trying to login as master give a message about not having enough licenses.

Any idea about how to force the master account to login or how to modify the menus of undocked users?

Our GoldMine guy told us to restore the old user database files over the current ones that are on the server. We had to have all the users sync to the server after we got our licenses and user base straightened out.
Sorry, I do not remember the file names that we restored, but this is something for you to go on...

I think maybe they were user ini files and users.dbf files?

You'll need to replace your license.* file with a backup from before you undocked all of them. If that does not exist you'll need to rename license.dbf to license.old or somethin similar.

Then when you next login to GoldMine you'll go through the license setup again. So make sure you have that # handy.

You'll also probably have to relicense the laptops which would mean undocking them again via the License Manager to get a new U-0001 license then having them rename their license.dbf and putting in the new U-0001 serial #.

---
Chad Smith
michad76@gmail.com

MCP - Microsoft SQL Server
Crystal Reports Certified Professional
GoldMine Certified Professional
Microsoft CRM Certified Professional

Many thanks for your help Chad. Restoring a License.dbf file from the day before I undocked the last user worked fine.

I was then able to login as master and remove the license for someone who no longer needs Goldmine then re-add the extra undocked user I needed.

All working fine now, phew!

Thanks again,

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back