Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Now only schedules jobs doesn't run them

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltex66

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I have a problem with BackupExec 8.5. When I go to a job description and select "Run Now" from the menu it only schedules the job and doesn't run it. Even if the time it is scheduled for passes it still will not run. It was working fine up untill this morning and I am not sure what has changed.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

caltex66

make sure the server or any of the devices are not paused.

checking on the media tab for the server paused. and the devices tab for any of the tape drives paused.

You can stop the services and delete the file that is *.sch in the veritas folder. It is the schedule file. Then rebuild it. When it becomes corrupt it will appear to ignore running a scheduled job.

I've got the same problem but with version 8.6. Deleted the *.sch file, the device is not paused. I've rebooted heaps and stopped and restarted the services till the cows come home.

Still schedules the job and doesnt run them.

I swear if I had an axe i'd kill one IBM tape drive. (Hey, I know its not the tape drives fault, but I'd feel better. Any clues.

Lord Spank - do the jobs remain scheduled, or do they go into a queued state.

If they stay scheduled only a couple of things can be wrong here.
1. Job engine service is not started.
2. Server is paused - check in the media tab - if it isn't paused, pause it then unpause it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back