Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run in Separate Memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ

Programmer
Mar 15, 2000
GB
Can anyone help... I am trying to set up an application on an IIS4 server. I have 2 servers on one all works OK. On the other I cannot create the application.

I click on the create button within Application Settings, then tick the box Run in Separate Memory Space and apply. All looks OK. When I press the OK button the icon reverts back from the Application style icon to the Folder with world icon. If I look back at the properties of the the virtual directory, the application has not been created.

Does anybody have any ideas....please....

it is possible your IWAM account password has gotten out of sync with the metabase. You will need to change the password and find the entry in the metabase and change it to match.

Thanks for the info but.... how would I do this ???

you can change the password in Active Directory for users and computers for that computer. You can get MetaEdit from Microsoft or the W2k Resource Kit and change it there as well. Metaedit will allow you to edit the metabase which is the registry for IIS. These settings are not saved in teh windows registry but in the metabase..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back