Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Extra Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

medhed

Programmer
Jul 7, 1999
US
We have just migrated from Exra!4.0 to Exra! Personal Client 6.3. I have worked out most of the syntax<br>
changes in the Extra! Basic language of the macros, but cannot find any command to call another<br>
macro from within a macro - what used to be the Run Macro command. I tried to get around it by<br>
assigning the macro a hot key, the using SendKey to send the hot key, but it didn't work. Is there any<br>
way to run a macro from within another macro using the Basic language? Thanks for any help.

Hi,<br>
<br>
You can shell another macro from a running macro, but it will run asynchronously, so it may not work the way you want it to. The command to do this is: <br>
shell "ebrun.exe macro1.ebm"<br>
<br>
Hope this helps,<br>
<br>
Gary.

Good idea, Gary, but I need the called macro to run before going on with the function - which it won't do, as you point out, for some reason. It runs after the rest of the function is completed - worthless. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back