Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run but not show sub-report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarreZoolook

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
DK
Hi,

I think the answer to my question is very simple I just can’t figure it out.

In my main report I have a sub-report. In the sub-report I create some Shared variables that I use in different places in my main report.

My problem is that I need the sub-report to run but I don’t want to see the result of it in the sub-report field. I have my Shared variables and these works fine in my main report.

So where do I place the sub-report so the fields in it are not shown or what conditions can I set to do the sub-report invisible (or something like that)?

My “low-tech” solution is to make the font color in the sub-report White and font size 1 so I in the main report can place fields on top of the sub-report. But isn’t there a better/smarter solution?

Thank you very much for you help and time.

Morten
Denmark

You can suppress all sections within the subreport, and then in the main report, select the subreport->format subreport->subreport tab->check "suppress blank subreport". If the subreport is in a section of its own, go to the section expert->section->check "suppress blank section".

-LB

Hi Lbrass

I have tried to suppress the sub-report in my main report but when I do that the report isn’t run (there is no data in my Shared variables).

But I haven’t tried to suppress the section in my sub-report. When I do that the sub-report runs and there is data in my shared variables.

And then I can make the sub-report field on my main report very small and put it in a place that fits me. Perfect.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Morten
Denmark

Make the subreport as small as you can make it, and format it and remove the "can grow" option. Format the text of the subreport to be white (or whatever color would not show).

The subreport should still run and your shared variables should hold values.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

You don't need to make the subreport small. If you follow all the steps above, it will disappear from view. You might need to format the subreport to remove the borders first, however. What you CANNOT do is suppress the subreport itself or suppress the section that contains it.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back