Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run as assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
Hello. When trying to use the "Run As" function in Vista for running programs as domain admin it will not come up and ask me for my credentials. It just runs the program which then errors out because of rights. Can anyone help?

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

Where are you using 'runas' - a conventional command prompt?

See if you get different results when opening a command prompt as administrator - right click, run as administrator...

This happens when I do a SHIFT+Right Click on what I need to use with elevated rights. The Run As is listed. However when you click on it, it never comes up with a box to input those elevated rights.

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

What happened to the Run as command?" is a Help Program article.

Have you changed any settings concerning UAC?

If you have System Restore points then using that may be an option if this "Run As Administrator" process worked previously.

You could try the System File Checker program.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

Installing and reinstalling Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back