Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rules only execute once

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesleyH

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
Hi

Has anyone experienced Rules only executing ONCE. I have this problem on two version 6 Post Offices.

The users put a rule on and the first time it works thereafter it does not... this is causing a very big problem.

I have looked on the novell knowledge base website and cannot find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lesley

Lesley,

Does this problem occur with all rules, or only rules which return a reply message?

In GW 6 and up, any rule which generates a reply to the sender will only reply to any given email address once. This is to prevent the dreaded auto-reply loop. The list of email addresses which were replied to is kept somewhere in the PO or POA. I don't think it's accessible.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem. This post is only meant to give you a possible cause to your problem.

Good luck,
-Ron

Thanks for your help, yes TID10081568 has sorted us.

Thanks again Lesley

I know that in GW6 the rule replying once is by design. A workaround I have used is to add the line Subject=* to the rule. This way it will repy each time and you won't have to reconfigure your domain.

If you do enable the "old style" rule execution, be sure to not allow rule execution through the internet. A runaway internet rule is the best way I've seen to destroy a PO.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back