Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rules - Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2000
US
Greetings,
When I try to apply a color rule I get the following message - You cannot add another color rule because you have exceeded the maximum number of rules for this folder. Up to this point I have only 2 other color rules. I have looked for the property to change the maximum but cannot find one.
Can you help and Thank You,
GHG :)

I am not for sure, but maybe it is something you need to add-on for more?

Goto ADD/Remove Outlook 2000, and you should see a button that says something about Add-on other components (going off memory).

Will look into it some more.

Nick

Are you talking about Outlook 2000? I might have gotten it mixed up.

I got that error message when my outlook rules reached 25. I guess it has something to do with Exchange since I keep my rules on the server.

My omission Running: W2K Pro; Exchange 2000 sp1; Office XP
I do not think it's a Offixw XP problem .... I was able to creat the smae problem on a O2K client.
Thanks again,
GG

You are limited 32k for rules this is generally 25-50. This is a mailbox limitation not client. Does this happen to new mailbox as well? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Dan,
I do not know if the limitation message occurs on a new mail box .... this I will check.
Is there a property that will change the rule limitation?
Some of my rules do not work correctly .... Is there a document that explains rules and how to use them?
Thanks,
GG :)

This is set limit and has been there as long as I have done Exchange 3+ years. The only rule problem I've seen is if you run a rule against from line on incoming Internet Mail. There is a Q on it. I'm an Admin guy not client :) Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Dan - Thanks! GHG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back