Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rules and intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdew

Technical User
Dec 9, 2007
US
I have set up a Rule to send my cell a text when I receive email from a specific source. And it works consistently. But when I set up the same Rule for when I receive an email from within the office intranet nothing happens. I have tried setting up the rule from the specific email, typing in the shorthand name (ex. Parker) and the long hand name (ex. parker@xxx.us) but it appears that nothing happens.

Is it not possible to create a Rule relating to intranets?

There must be something in the formatting of the e-mail address of an internal vs. external e-mail address that it is not picking up a match. Look at all the e-mail headers and compare an internal vs. external address to see if the internal address has something appended to it which you are not addressing in your rule.

The other option would be to use something like a "contains this string" where you could put in a user's last name to generate a match as opposed to the entire e-mail address.

I have tried where it contains part of the email address such as @xxx or .xx but that doesn't work. My boss' name is in the signature but I don't see where I can set any filters related to the signature line only the header. I don't see how the intranet mail looks any different from any other mail message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back