Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rulebases_5_0.fws

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2002
SG
I am running checkpoint NG on solaris box. Currently, my rulebases_5_0.fws is getting bigger (around 8MB). I tried to reduce the rulebase but the rulebases_5_0.fws file keep increasing. Is that matter?

Hi Lee,

I guess you must have quite a far bit of objects defined.

Try combining rules and objects.

Rgds,

Simon

I have tried to combine my rulebase and delete some rulebases but the size still the same, around 8MB. What is normal size for rulebase_5_0.fws and objects_5_0.C? Any idea?

I would start looking through the objects, groups, services, etc. If you can create groups for like objects or services for the rules. That may help, do you have a large number of objects or rules?

leehk,

You have too many policies on your management server. The rulebases file is a compilation of all you .W files. Delete them from the GUI and this should reduce your .fws file. If this doesnt do the trick then follow the instructions on the following page:

If this corrupts your .fws then rename it and try again, when it doesnt find it it will build a new one.

Have fun B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

Hi,

In total I have 80 rules. It was 120 rules before with many many objects. I already housekeep twice. I checked the rulebase_5_0.fws and objects_5_0.C before and after my housekeeping. There is not much changes.

I will try to delete my .W from GUI this week.

Hi,

I tried to delete my previous saved policy and now my rulebases_5_0.fws file size reduced. Thanks everyone!!!

I dont think you understood my earlier message. When you click on File/open, how many policies do you get to choose from?

I am guessing it is quite a few!!

B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back