Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rule help: Reply with original msg included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmoogle

Technical User
May 15, 2008
CA
Hello,

Hoping to get some help with an office function related to the rule/auto reply to sender.

I have a requirement to have all incoming messages sent a reply "your message has been received ..." and then include the original text or even the original email as an attachment.

I have been testing with "forms" and trying to add the feature in the "Actions" tab without success.

Has this been done with any success without purchasing software add-ons?

MS Exch, SP3, 2003.

For starters, what you're talking about, creating forms and rules/alerts are not directly linked. You use one for one piece of the puzzle, and the other for the other piece. If you want to set a rule for whatever, you can do that without the forms at all. Then, if you want a set user form for people to fill out, you create that separately.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I totally see what you're having issues with. Are you wanting specifically to handle only emails that are created with the set user form? If so, then do things in this order:
1. Get your form working correctly
2. Create your rule, and in that rule, you'll need to filter by the certain form. I'm sure that's available, option-wise - haven't checked. If not, then in your user form, you can set it to have a certain set subject line, and then filter for that subject line, as an option.

-clarification-
Sorry about using the term "forms". I do understand that there is a difference between the two.

I have created a rule for this particular account
"reply to all incoming messages where I am in the TO or CC"

I have also selected "Reply using specific template"
However, to modify the templates I must use the menu path [Tools => Forms => Design Form]. I want to modify a template as there appears to be the option to include the original message.

Ultimately I hope to have every person who sends mail to me receive a response that goes somethin like "thank you for contacting xxxx you request will be processed ...and so on) and attach the original message or have it at the bottom of my reply message.

Thanks for the help.

So, you're not actually wanting a form, but rather an email template, I believe. You're not saying you need to build a form for everybody else, but rather a form for your replies?

If so, build the email, and save it as a template. Then in the rules, you can tell it to reply with that template... well, it's either in the normal "rules" places, or else under the "out of office" options this way - I think both, but I've not really messed with that in quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back