Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rule and Alerts in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandhru

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a special unsusbcribe mailbox created. I have added unsubscribeme1@mydomain.com, unsubscribeme2@mydomain.com, unsubscribeme3@mydomain.com email addresses to the mailbox. whenever I get the emails to this mailbox I wanted to sort them according to email addresses and send it to the specified folder in outlook.

I checked the present rule & alerts in outlook 2003, but I couldnt find a rule for moving according to email addresses of mailbox.

please help

You would use the with specific words in the recipients address option, then type in the whole address or unsubscribeme1, unsubscribeme2, etc.

outlookrules9et.jpg

[cheers] & all the best.

Well actually, I tried that. the problem is Whenever I receive the email, it only has the user name for example when I open my outlook and look for recipients address it says 'firstname lastname'(an example) not the email address.

so if I give the specific words as unsubscribeme1@mydomain.com, it doesnt recognises it. Is there an way around to accomplish this

Do the "unsubscribe me" email hyperlinks, point directly to "unsubscribeme1@mydomain.com"? If so, how is it getting renamed to "firstname lastname"?
Are they your names? If so the only way I know of, is if the sender is adding the unsubscribeme address to his/her contacts, using your names as the "Display" option.

[cheers] & all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back