Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RTD SDK in Visual Basic? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlong2244b

Technical User
May 23, 2012
US
Would anyone have any pointers on building a Windows app in VB.NET 2005 or 2010 (Visual Basic) for extracting Real Time Data from the AACC server? Our non-profit tight-budgeted business is operating AACC build 8.0 and I've downloaded and installed the RTD SDK from Avaya's devconnect server, but the code samples are all for C# and the compiled versions they provided in the SDK often crash after successfully logging into the AACC server. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I just got done creating a vs2010 winforms app that executes the function in nirtdx.dll known as 'NIrtd_singleDataRequest'.
I then display the data.
I had a lot of problems figuring out the callback functionality at first, then ditched it for the newrows() and displaycache() methods per the samples.

The sample is fun to play with to get an understanding of how much you don't know.
I didn't know shite until I realized that the structure for the name and agent count or whatever in the sample would be congruent to what we consider a two column list. I return in my app over 17 columns.
agentId
supervisorID
state
TimeInState
ansSkillset
superID
DN_InTime_InState
DN_OutTime_InState
Position_ID
NotReadyReason
AGENT_DN_OUT_CALL_NUM
AgentSkillsetCallsAns
Agent_DN_IN_CALL_ANS
Agent_DN_OUT_CALL
Agent_Ans_APP
Agent_Ans_CDN
Agent_Ans_DNIS

So, basically you need to create a struct of type stStatItem and it will contain the NIrtd_stValue for each column you are able to allocate a value for.

I did not recomple the dll from the sample. I added nirtdx as a reference to my project. - both a winforms C# app and aspx c# webapp.

I installed all the Symposium stuff I could think of just to figure out how to get something to work...but mainly it seems as if I just needed the dlls from the bin of the sample.

On a 'virgin' machine which has never seen any of this software, I get an error when i run the rtdtest_nod regarding DP (I am assuming dangling pointer). I did an install of the SDK, which has c++ redistributables but didn't restart...its one of those dev machines you don't want to restart remotely.

Anyways, I get data on a button click and made a floor plan to show the agents logged in by position id with thier status codes.

This was one of my greatest accomplishments so far in C++ -> C# webforms. Took over 5 weeks to figure stuff out. As much as someone may like to say it's open source, it's really rather open for your interpretation of how to invoke the functionality. I researched whether I wanted a wrapper, and even tried to run the sample with a conjunction, which I had a hard time understanding.
I started with a data stream, and wound up using the singledatarequest because the datastream would run fine in winforms, but hard to terminate and restart.
Sometimes I would run my stuff and get an error, and I am supposing because I didn't free my query before loging off, I had login errors for the next 5 tries over the course of about 2 minutes or so.

Hope this helps, but if you need someone to knock something like what I mentioned, hit me up.
~Matt

Wow, thanks Matt! There's a lot to chew on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back