Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelley

Technical User
Apr 7, 2001
US
RSRC for PM 7 - vanished 2/14/03 at 10?46 - don't know how or why but can't open any PM file now. Do I need to reinstall software or can I just install that part of it? What does it stand for, anyway???

Kelley,
These are Resource files. I found this link on the Adobe site but it's for version 6. Judging by what they say, if your rsrc file has disappeared you may very well have to reinstall. I don't suppose you have a back up that you could copy over?
Hope this is of some help.

Cyberboy
Computers are like snowflakes. No two are alike.

Hi, cyberboy,

> Do I need to reinstall software

It's probably too late to suggest checking the waste bin, so the answers yes. There's masses in the RSRC folder, so it's quicker to re-install. All the best.

Iechyd da! John
15:42 17/02/03 GMT

Hey John,
You never know! Some people keep stuff in their recycle bin for yonks...;-)

Cyberboy
Computers are like snowflakes. No two are alike.

I have had that problem in the past as well, but I am not completely sure of the solution >> the RSRC file is in the PM program file and the program, while opening, is looking for it. When the message comes up, I think it also includes a question as to the location of the RSRC file; once browsed and located, the program opens and the problem should end.

What might be helpful is to do a "search" first to locate the RSRC file and to mark down its location. Then, when you open PM again, you will be able to browse to find its location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back