Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rsErrorExecutingCommand, Cannot Open File

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrimej

Programmer
Dec 22, 2004
US
I was running the 180 day trial version of SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services on a server that also housed a Visual FoxPro table. The server is running Windows Server 2003.

We liked the product enough that we purchased a new server just to house the SQL Server 2005 and SRS.

When I moved all of the reports to the new server I am having trouble with all the reports that want to access FoxPro tables on another server. All the SQL Server based reports work fine.

The error I am receiving is:
"Query Execution failed for data set 'Departments'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Cannot open file \\IT-App\AppTrack$\Data\Department.dbf"

I am using the VFP OLE-DB Provider and the report works perfectly in the test environment and on the old test server. However, running the SRS on one maching accessing a VFP data source using OLE-DB on another maching is not working.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

what service account do you have RS running under??

Do you mean in Reporting Services Configuration, the option that is labeled: "Windows Service Identity".

I also see "Web Service Identity" and "Execution Account", or should I be looking elsewhere for this information.

Thanks for your quick response!

Jeremy

unclerico,

Thanks for the post. It turns out that the Execution Account is the key for VFP. This account must have the necessary permissions on the remote server and using OLE DB with a VFP data source, set the data source to no credentials and everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back