Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS6000 processor speed ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowe

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
Is there a way to find out the processor speed of a RS6000 machine from the OS? Looking for the specs on a 7013-J40 machine.

thanks,
crowe

Hi crowe

You can`t see this in the OS.

Here is the Clockspeed of J40

J40 604/2 112 Mhz
J40 604/4 112 Mhz
J40 604/6 112 Mhz
J40 604/8 112 Mhz

Thanks. Is there a list or chart somewhere for such info? I also have some additional RS6000 machines that I would like to know about. 7013-J30 7013-J50, and a couple others.

crowe

hy crow

i have a script for this problem.
this script read the machine type and give you the processor
typ and many mores Infos.(vg....etc)

when to you want this then send me your E-Mail Adress

Regards Andi

While there is not a direct command to determine processor speed in AIX, the best place to start is the uname -m command.

This produces output as follows:

xxyyyyyymmss
The meanings of the placeholders are as follows:
xx = 00
yyyyyy = Unique CPU ID
mm = Model ID <- these are used to determine CPU speed
ss = 00 (Submodel)
By cross-referencing the mm values from the uname -m output with a table that I can send to you you can find out the processor speed.

Please reply to this forum if you would like the additional information

Cheers

Marko

If the table is not too large, it might benifit others if it was posted in this forum. Otherwise, mail me at lslpp@hotmail.com

thanks,
crowe

I think in bull there is a package (named aixtools or something), with a tool command which can say an aproximate MHz speed of RISC machine.
I hope it works...
Unix was made by and for smart people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back