Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS - parameter causing report not to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynest

Programmer
Jun 22, 2000
GB
Hi

I've got a report which has been working ok

However, I need to capture some text input from the user running the report to display on the report itself. When I introduce a text report parameter the report stops returning any data.

Its the ony parameter, not linked to datasets. Same problem whether allow blank/null, choose option from list etc. Any idea why it causes the problem?

Thanks

Give it a default value

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Actually - to elaborate - make sure the options you have set in VS are replicated on the Report Manager interface

Parameter setup in the Report Manager is based on the initial setup when you 1st deploy the report. If you did not have "allow Blank/null" then, this may not be reflected in the Report Manager, even if you have since changed the setup and re-deployed

If that is already set in the report manager then try giving it a default value

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Good point, I've wasted a few hours on parameter settings not being overwritten in the past but always seem to have forgotten it does that by the next time it happens.

I've discovered the report behaves as it should when run from the report manager but not when it's embedded in a web page (where I need it). I've used a different approach to get around it this time but, as the song goes, there may be trouble ahead...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back