Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS LOGIX 4.10 Password Lock Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellic

Technical User
Jul 28, 2004
US
Is there a tool or bypass to enter the Class Login or Administrator Priviledges areas the the Password and Priviledges area of a program if the passowrd has been lost or the programmer has quit/become disgruntled etc?

I have a similar problem and after trying all the suggestions giving I have been unable to resolve it. I am using Win98, excel 2000, and vb6. I am opening an existing excel file from vb, editing a large number of cells, and closing it. I am doing the editing in a loop. When the loop variable is small everything works as expected. When I increased the variable excel no longer closes. It remains in the running processes. When I increase it even more, I get a component request pending error. Excel stops responding to the vb program. I thought I had an issue with RAM but I increased that and it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?
My code:

Public xlApp As Excel.Application
Public xlWb As Excel.Workbook
Public xlWs1 As Excel.Worksheet
Public xlWs2 As Excel.Worksheet

Set xlApp = New Excel.Application
Set xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\WINDOWS\desktop\Tonya\2Counters\FreqData.xls")
Set xlWs1 = xlWb.Worksheets(1)
Set xlWs2 = xlWb.Worksheets(2)

'begin speed optimization
xlApp.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
xlApp.ScreenUpdating = False

'Loop
'Edit spreadsheets here
'End Loop

'end speed optimization
xlApp.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
xlApp.ScreenUpdating = True

xlWb.Save