Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RRAS not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalyko

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
US
I am trying to start RRAS, but keep getting the following error: An error occurred while trying to start Routing and Remote Access service on <server name>. Also, the event viewer's system log states: Unable to load C:\WINNT\System32\iprtrmgr.dll and The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 2.
Someone please help because I have to setup a VPN asap! Thanks in advance.

Kalyko

Make sure you have not disabled any services. If you have, I would renable them, see if it works, then start disabling them one by one till you figure out what it needs. Something similar happened to me once. I disabled the remote registry service, and was unable to configure RRAS anymore. It kept working, but I couldn't open the snap-in until I reenabled that....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

I checked all services and none were disabled. I am at a loss. Any more suggestions?

Thanks, but I don't see RRAS listed in Windows Components. Please advise.

No, it's not there. I just looked at my server at work, sorry I thought it was one you could add and remove.
Well, have you tried with the error code and source, or the knowledge base? Please post the error code and source.

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back