Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RRAS, Firebox 2, And internet access dont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cignus7

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
US
I need some help on this one. First, some background.

I have a Watchguard Firebox 2. Behind that firewall, i have my RRAS VPN server (no snickering :) ). Everything works fine. The server has 2 nics in it, a backup nic connected to our backup network and a nic that is connected to an outside ip that goes right to the firewall. The problem is, VPN users can connect to the server just fine and access network resources without a problem. When they attempt to access the internet or access anything that goes through the firewall, the firewall claims they are a spoofed address and blocks them.

We have another server that someone else set up that does the same thing on another network we have, using another watchguard, and it is working correctly. As far as i can tell, both servers are set up exactly the same. Watchguard says its microsoft, microsoft says its watchguard. So, before i make some poor tech person at one of those companies cry, i was hopeing to see if someone here had any ideas for me :)

thanks in advance!

~MIKE~

It sounds to me like you need a static route to the Internet. Can you tell me how your Firebox 2 is set up to allow the Microsoft VPN traffic?

dm.

Same issue here except we are using a Cisco PIX and the VPNServer is on the DMZ. We had this working fine and then had to remake the server over Christmas. Now the VPN users can not access the Internet when connected. It has to be a Microsoft issue in my opinion. When logged into the VPN, the Internet traffic is routed to the NIC, instead of to the virtual adapter. No matter what I have tried, I can not get it to go out the other adapter. Which is fine, I don't need the Internet to flow back through the VPN, I just need it to work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back