Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPOS terminals - P1220 w/ CDS, running Windows CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnBGirl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2010
US
Howdy-
I have 30+ Radiant P1220 terminals with CDS (burger franchise switched systems). They all have RPOS running on them. I was hoping to clean the HDD and resell, but cannot even ctl+alt+del to stop startup. Will I be best pulling the HDD and selling as is? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
BTW: have printers and cash drawers out the ying/yang too.

it would depend if they are udoc or real harddrive. If udocs, the 1220 came with 1 gig. To small to run the newer Aloha. If they have real haddrives, you would be best to ghost them all with newer windows posready 2009 image. Retail these days the 1220 can be found on ebay and other places from 200 to 450. Depends on amount of memory and condition. I know I have an image for the P1220 somewhere in my drives. If you know how to ghost from a usb I can upload an image for you. Contact options below

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

AlohaRoss.. if that site is running credit cards through the Aloha POS shouldn't they load at least Win POS Ready 7 vs. POS Ready 2009? Can a 1220 POS terminal run POS Ready 7?

Double checked, and they are udoc and only 512mb RAM. I have a feeling only the customer displays are going to worth anything, or just alot of paperweights. This is the only way I can grab the info.
IMG_0904_o0dtpx.jpg

Thank you for the information. Going to try to sell them as is, cheap. And the ones that are in bad shape, I'll strip. Should be a fun project.
Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back