Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rpm Packages .?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2005
US
Hi guys,

I am just wondering were can i get following packages for AIX 5.3,libX11.a(shr4.o),libXext.a(shr.o),libXt.a(shr4.o)..I am trying to install vnc-3.3.3r1-2.aix4.3.ppc.rpm & above mention ar dependencies.I tried Aix 5.3 Expansion Pack CD ,& Aix Toolbox for Linux Aplication CD .with no Lucks ,any clue/tips links to get these packages would be greatly appreciated.

Regards !

Mike,Thanks for ur Prompt reply ,, i tried unfortunately it say's same# error: failed dependencies:
libX11.a(shr4.o) is needed by vnc-3.3.3r2-4
libXext.a(shr.o) is needed by vnc-3.3.3r2-4
libXt.a(shr4.o) is needed by vnc-3.3.3r2-4
I need to have above packages...any suggestions.?
iam @# oslevel -r
5300-04

Regards!

The following libraries are part of the X11.base.lib fileset. You will can look for this on your installation media.

Do you have your original AIX media you should be able to load the X11 libraries from CD

Mike

Unix *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

I'm needing to find what version of ftp is on the server. Without having to ftp to the box, how do I find this information.

Just wondering if there were any results with this issue..I've tried to find numerous AIX binaries for VNC to no avail...as for the link provided to the Linux toolbox...I as well got the same errors (...needed by vnc-3xxx)....Looking at SMIT though...I had the X11.base.lib already installed (Version 5.2.0.85) as part of the base so I'm not sure where to turn to next...

Any help appreciated...

You should be running 5.3 versions of X11 not 5.2 5.3 uses R6 X11 /usr/lib all are symlinks

libX11.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libX11.a
libXext.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libXext.a
libXt.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libXt.a

Thx, but I'm currently running AIX 5.2 & isn't that directly related ?...Also, I found the symlinks already in /usr/lib...Does the Version actually make a difference in this case....

lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 28 Mar 30 2006 libX11.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libX11.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 29 Mar 30 2006 libXext.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libXext.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 27 Mar 30 2006 libXt.a -> /usr/lpp/X11/lib/R6/libXt.a

Another thread hijack by izzizman....
Start a new thread please.

EXCUSE me DukeSSD !...No "Another thread hijack by izzizman" here...as I've only been online since yesterday...get your facts straight..you sound like a typical democrat liberal !

After much searching, I found the only place that addressed my issues of VNC, AIX, etc...and posted to the appropriate thread where I found those original posts...So I'm in the right place just looking for some help...or so I thought !

aixexplore you said your using aix 5.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plamb, sorry forgot to check his OS version...BUT, I downloaded this rpm from the 5.2 toolbox and the errors are the same as aixexplore is having with 5.3...So something is amiss here

Well I am running aix 5.3 TL3 & TL4 the required libs are are the disk and work fine. Aix 5.3 uses X11R6 and places the binary in the R6 dir aix 5.2 puts them in R5 directory

I am running AIX 5300-05-05

I had the same problem and was able to track the solution down from the following link:

In short, ensure that the proper X11 filesets are installed as mentioned above, then run the command /usr/sbin/updtvpkg which enables the rpm commannd to recognize new libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back