Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPG Forum???

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcbkc

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
US
Hi everyone, it seems to me that this RPG Forum should be renamed the AS400 Forum because there are so many non-RPG questions relating the the AS400.

Any comments.

Rod

arcbkc,

I agree. Perhaps an additional forum for "as/400 general" or "midrange".

K.Hood

I already asked for a group. They didn't think there was enought volume to warrant a new forum. Maybe if enough people asked, we can get it. Mike Wills
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]

Please, if you find my post useful, let me know. [thumbsup2]

well lets face it, if you are programming in RPG then 99 times out of 100 you are using an AS400, so seems to be the natural place to ask AS400 questions.

You should have seen this forum a year agao, full of idiots mistaking RPG for Role Playing Games - aah man, it took lots of insults and lots of complaining before the Tek tips team renamed it RPG(report Program Generator).

I here you there - it is such a pain to search the web for RPG programming with so many hits for Role Playing Games!! Rod

Hi
this is RPG question. So, I have field, for example 10 characters long field NBCHR = '420356 ' and I´d like to move it to numeric field NBNUM, also 10 long. Solution should be 420356, not 4203560000. Exists any way how to do it through keyword VARYING?
Thanks Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back