Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPCSERVER and Groupshield 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

willem05

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2002
NL
Hello,

We are running Groupshield 6.0 on a W2k server with Exchange 2000. Some days the rpcserver.exe takes up almost a full 100% of the processor capacity. users are not able to access their mailboxes. When I stop the "On-access scanning", the RPCSERVER.EXE goes back to a normal processor capacity. I cannot find any reason why this behaviour happens. Anyone an idea ??
We also have a E2K server in the DMZ with groupshield, and we have the same problem on that server. Strangly it is not every morning this problem. In my applicationlog it says &quot;A message could not be virus scanned - this operation will be retried later. Internet Message ID <231C8E76BF68A142B8B46B3F1B62A25E239B9B@domain.com>, Error Code 0x &quot;

Anyone ???

Dear all,

Thanx for answering so massive ;-) . Finally we got the answer from NAI. It appears to be a bug for which we received a hotfix.

Processor has calmed down now..

I think we might be having a similar problem. Can you tell me what the hotfix is? If the software is all up to date, then should the hotfix be included?

Thank you,
-tleish

- tleish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back