Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC server is unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

enkhp

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
I was trying to launch a fax utilitiy but I received Erro 1722 ...RPC server is unavailable. I have w32Time error message on the event viewer. Please help how to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

enkhp

HI.

> RPC server is unavailable
More info could be helpful...
Your computer could have been infected with the Blaster virus.
Do you have a firewall?
An updated Anti Virus software?
Have you visitted Windows Update lately?

> I have w32Time error message on the event viewer
This is normal and does not seem related to the problem.

Yizhar Hurwitz

yizhar,

Anti-virus is updated.
YEs, I have firewall.
windows Server was updated.

On Services, I cannot do anything with RPC, all properties are grayed out. Cannot start or Stop.

Thank you for your response. Hope the info is helpful.

enkhp

HI.

> Anti-virus is updated.
Try to run a full system scan.

What SP level is installed?
What fax software?
Did it work before?
What other related errors can you find in the Event logs if any?
Do you have other problems?
Try to provide some more backgroung and details about the system.

> On Services, I cannot do anything with RPC, all properties are grayed out. Cannot start or Stop
What is the status of the RPC service?

Did you try to restart the server if applicable?

Yizhar Hurwitz

I am having a very similar problem. I continuously got the error message "There is no RPC server available" when trying to add xp computers to our active directory domain which resides on a windows 2000 pro server. I did some ressearch and realized somehow the Remote Procedure Call service on the server had been stopped. I enabled it and now I am getting this when i try and add this computer to the domain:

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Any idea's??? I think it is still related to some issue with the RPC server. I have my xp workstations pointing to our DNS server and our DNS server works fine with xp machines that were previously added to the domain before this issue arose. HELP!!

yizhar,

I figured out what was the problem. The directory where fax software is looking for incoming faxes is full. I deleted some old faxes and the RPC works again.

Thank you for you help.

BigBZ,

Please refer to this link. It might help you. I had the same problem before.

OR search for "Troubleshooting Active Directory DNS Errors in Windows 2000" on Microsoft knowledge base.

OR search for "257623" in MS knowledge base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back