Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC over HTTPS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryhail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2010
Having a difficult time getting RPC over HTTPS to work, no luck so far, also can not receive mail from iPhone 4 device either. Have followed all instructions on configuring Exchange server with public SSL cert, configuring it fine. I can access the OWA via HTTPS with no problem, so SSL should be fine. Yet, when I try to configure RPC over HTTPS on remote outlook 2003 client, it won't work. It appears to reach the server, but won't accept any username/password combinations. The rpcdiag only shows connecting, never once connected. Any ideas? When I try to configure the iPhone 4 for exchange, it allows me to enter all the server settings, then when I try to check the mail, it gives the message "connection to the server failed". Any thoughts on what could be wrong here? Any more information I need to post I'll gladly supply. Thanks very much.

Turns out the client's system wasn't running the correct Service Pack, upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2 and all works properly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back