Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RowSource Madness - Property doesn't exist??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jucius

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
CA
I am attempting to use VBA to change the rowsource property on a chart in a report.

The code is like this:
Code:
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) 

Me.[ChartOLEUnbound].[RowSource] = "Select ... "

End Sub
I am 100% sure that the SQL code is correct and I have tested it in other queries.

The program complains that there is no such property as RowSource, but it does exist -- it can be easily modified through the property menu!

The error: Runtime error '2455' - You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property RowSource. The property may not exist or may not apply to the object your specified.

How do I use RowSource in VBA?

appllies to only FEW controls, e.g. UNBOUND object frames and Chart controls (from the context of your post). I "GUESS" that your control in not on the approved guest list for the party?

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

That is strange ... I know one other guy who got the same thing to work by the same method I am trying.

I'm going to ask him to look at my code the next time I see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back