Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

row source length 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinicod

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
GB
does anyone know how long your value list can be when using "rowsource" to populate a list box in Access 2000?

If I am not mistaken I believe the limit is 255. It tends to be the maximum number of characters and or fields for most things in Access.

Steve

I think 2K (2048 characters) is the rowsource limit in Access 2000 when value list is selected. Should it be needed, using a callback function should circumvent that limitation. Here's a recent discussion on those topics thread702-851043, also having some links on callback functions (thare is also two decent examples in the helpfiles).

Roy-Vidar

Thanks Roy-Vidar,

The reason for this post was I was that I was trying to avoid using the callback function as I wanted to keep the code simple for future handover, however due to the size of the list I need to use it. Useful to know about the 2048 characters though,

Cheers,

Skinicod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back