Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Unassigned extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizbri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
G3si v.6
Currently all unassigned DID numbers go to the attendant. Is there a way to change it to route to a specific extension?

Thanks

look on page 1 of System Parameters Features. The prompt is DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept Treatment. Your choice might only be attd or an announcment extension. I'm not sure if you can enter a regular extension in there. Give it a go.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Any way you can handle these calls if you have no attendant consoles or announcement boards?

Thanks!

You could assign them as VDNs and do a 'route to' to the station or assign them as stations and give them a coverage path to the answering point.

Kevin

That idea sounded wonderful - I went to implement it and realized my G3si(R8) doesn't support VDN/vectors...

I tried sending it to a hunt group, or just an extension, and DSA/ASA says I need to "enter attd or announcement extension"

Still hoping there may be a way to get around this, possibly by doing something with the attendant extension (anything I can do, if I don't have a console programmed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back