Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing/Translation Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPey

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
I briefly searched to no avail, here goes...

Within each partition, how are the routing or translation patterns implemented, i.e., in what order are they examined/executed?

THanks!

It's actually pretty simple. Route Patterns are used for outbound calls and translation patterns are executed on inbound calls. Translation patterns are recursive. If an incoming call leg is matches a translation pattern, then it is translated. If the result does not match a station device, CTI route point, H.323 endpoint, etc., then it is put back into the translation stack again.

Ivor Benjamin
CTO
Digital Ingenuity, Inc.

No, route patterns and translation patterns apply to both "inbound" and "outbound" calls.

Within a partition, all route patterns and translation patterns are examined (essentially) simultaneously. The most specific match wins (i.e. the pattern that matches and has the most non-wildcard characters).

Translation patterns are always checked first before going into route filters, route patterns.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back