Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing thru old exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

brc666

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
GB
I have just installed e3k and migrated some users across from the old exchange 5.5 box. How can I get my new e3k server to use the idsn connection which resides on my exchange 5.5 box as my migrated users cannot send/receive mail? I need to keep both exchanges running until I have finished testing...

Ben

I just did something similar this weekend. except that my older server is running Exchange 2000.

I believe you have to set the Exchange 2003 server as the bridgehead server and tell it to forward mail with unresolved recipients to the older Exchange server. So I don't know how it would work having the outbound connection on the Exchange 5.5 server. To get outbound mail going, you should be able to use the Exchange 5.5 server's IP address as the smart host address for the Exchange 2003 server.

Christine

I'm having the same problem, did you find out anything?

Many thanks for any help

Marcin

Hi There,

I know this is an old thread but i wondered if you could help. I i have done the same as you and moved all me users onto the new e3k box but i have found that all my mails are still being routed through the old exchange server!! i have changed the ip address on the old server and put the old ip address on the new server so at least it is recieving the external emails but send mails all seem to go through the old server.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back