Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing service problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2004
US
Hi All,

I built a routing service in a BCM 400 4.0. How I have it set up is for the PRI to overflow to the analog lines if the PRI is unavailable.I used sched 4, set it to auto,set the time schedule,set my routes up under routing,set the control set for the lines to be ext.1958. I have done this in the past many times but I think I am missing something. When I set the service to auto, SERVICES ON appears on all the sets on the system along with the control set.

Any ideas?

Are your destination codes routed for 1st and 2nd choice for Schedule 4? Also, are you disabling the PRI and testing? If so, what does the display say when you attempt to dial out with the PRI disabled?

The overflow route works fine. I have disconnected the pri and it works. The problem is I can't get SERVICES ON off of all the set's.

All the destination codes are routed on schedule 4.

It has to do with the control set. Is the recpt/default control set the one your using?

The Auto routing is on all the time so reception does not want to see services on in her disply all the time. I am using a phone in the IT dept. for the control set.

I understand, that is the control set for the lines your using. What's the contol set on all the DN's?

The reception set 1900 is the control dn for the sets.

could this be the problem?

I believe it is, it's wierd I know, but I think the fix is change them to 1958.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back