Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLawson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
US
My system is a MICS 5.0

DN 231 is assigned line 092 (Appr&Ring)
DN 232 is assigned line 093 (Appr&Ring)

Each set has two IC buttons. Both IC buttons on each set are programmed exactly the same (231 > Port 111, 232> Port 112).

Both sets are set up to forward no answer and forward on busy to 269 (VM). Both will forward to 269 on no answer.

When 231 (line 092) is busy and I call that line, it rolls over to 232 (line 093) and rings or, if that line is also busy, forwards to 232's VM.

When 232 (line 093) is busy and I call that line, I get a busy signal instead of 232's VM. It does not roll over the 231.

It seems like DNs 231 and 232 are in some sort of hunt group, although there are no hunt groups set up in the system.

I need DNs 231 (line 092) and 232 (line 093) to be independent of each other. Any ideas?

You're calling the line when testing, yes? In that case does TELCO have the two LINES set up in a rotary group? So that Line 092 is rolling if busy to Line 093 regardless of the phone they are assigned to.
If 093 is the end of the telco rotary group it will give a busy signal when dialed twice.
MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

I called SBC and, after nearly an hour on the phone, we figured out that those two numbers were in a hunt group on the Plexar system at the TELCO. They almost didn't catch it until I told them I had checked my Norstar configuraion five times and determined that there was no way this routing could be happening on my equipment. They found the hunt group after they checked their configuration four times.

Thanks, mroberts. Another star for you *ding*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back