Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing problem? Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFrez

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
Hello folks! I've upgraded to a new Cisco router, a 7202 from a 7000.

I'm switching over some of my sites to the new 7202 but am having some difficulties with routing.

I'm basically copying the configuration from the old 7000 to the new 7202. I have a site in which I can't bring up on one of my serial interface (s1/6:0 it's saying down & down). I have removed the IP address from the old interface on the 7000 - but there must be a route still around somewhere. I've done a sh int route on the old 7000 but don't see anything. I can't ping the IP address of the serial interface (obviously since it's down).

What can you recommend for checking to see if the route is removed from the old 7000 and properly put into the 7202. Thanks!

Try sh ip route x.x.x.x (x=network). If the route is static, remove it. If you do not see a route to that network, try clear ip route x.x.x.x. Have seen routes get stuck but not show up in the routing table. Are you running any type of routing protocol(ie OSPF)? If so you will want to clear any static redistribution( clear ip ospf red) or the OSPF proccess(this is much more service affecting)

When I do a sh ip route x.x.x.x (x=network) - the route doesn't show up on either routers. (however all my other routes to my serial interfaces are shown correctly).

How do I add a route for my IP address to the serial interface (int s1/6:0)?

if your down and down I would look at the interface connections and or programming. A route will not be the cause of a down down interface. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back