Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Patterns and extensions (stations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweb

Programmer
Apr 2, 2003
US
Hello all,
On our G3V8 on one of the routing paterns I need to insert an LCR prefix (easy of course) and after that the extension number of station making the call. Is it possible in route-pattern to have a constant prfix followed by a variable which relates to a station ?

I've looked through the docs and my impression is that it can't be done but I'd appreciate someone who knows what they're talking about confirming it or hopefully telling me otherwise.
Thanks
Sweb.

A route pattern can only have "pre-digits" inserted or deleted. Nothing can be added to the end of a dial string.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?
Maybe there is another way.

We need itemised billing. So when we insert the prefix for the routing of external calls, I also want to be able to prefic the extension number of the station that is making the external call.

So say the normal LCR prefix would be 9999, I want to be able to send 99993898 where 3898 is the extension number. In the route pattern I can put the 9999 obviously but I can find no way of getting the extension number and prefixing that along with the normal LCR prefix.

How does everyone else do Itemised billing ? I don't want to have to use a call logger on site as I'd prefer the company whose lines we are using to make the call, work all this stuff out and send us the bill with which extension called where, when, duration, cost etc.
at the moment all our calls are presented to the LCR as 1 number.

Thanks
Sweb

If you are using ISDN the Service Provider can see by the CLI of the station how placed a call.
You need to setup the switch for sending CLI.

You cannot send a prefix and a station number, only prefix and dialed number.

phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back