Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing numbers to new DID PRI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansel77

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
US
We are in the process of migrating our DID trunks to a sonnet ring. AT&T built us two new PRI's on the ring and took 5 numbers from the old working PRI's for us to test calls. I am trying to figure out how to test these numbers on the new PRI's. I built new trunks, routes and d-channels for these new sonnet ring PRI's. Do i have to build DSC's for these numbers and then put the numbers on a phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

not sure if IDC is limited to 4 digits incoming, but if you need the PRI to receive 4 digits, then why not get the Central office to send it as 4?

AT&T translations said that it is set up NI1 national. It looks like they are sending me 10 digits so i am going to have them change that and change protocol to NI2. Ill let you all know if it works. Thanks.

TRITON101 re: "calls really should not go out the DID route, DID routes are meant to be inbound."

Yes; DID calls are in-bound only, but some carriers have their trunks configured for two-way service. The customer can program the trunks in their PBX for in-only (DID), out-only, or two-way. This allows for more immediate and dynamic changes to the trunking, should the customer require it. CenturyLink is one carrier with this service.

Hey guys, don't you need to insure you have an LDN built with the same number of digits as the PRI did's?

got it
yes, when i made that statement i was thinking ISA.

You can build the trunks DID or TIE, shouldn't really matter. The only difference between NI1 and NI2 is NI2 gives you the name on caller ID. DID's as inbound only is old school thinking. 2 way DID is how you should set up these ISDN trunks and mark the route IAO.

i meant the Master ISA Trunk route being IAO and the DID service route (that points to the master and has no trunks) being inbound.....
i did not catch the fact it was a DID TRUNK route with DID trunks.
no worries.

Well everyone, I had AT&T change the IFC to NI2 and they are now sending me 4 digits. I am able to call out the pri now but i cannot get incoming calls. I get "the number is no longer in service" AT&T came out yesterday and they can make and recieve calls at there CSU equipment. Any thoughts on what could be blocking calls coming in? I have looked at IDC tables etc.

Turn d-channel messaging on the new d-channel and watch the digits come in as you test to verify you see 4 digits. If the number worked coming acoss the old trunk group, it ought to work coming across this one.

As I mentioned before, Make sure you have a 4 digit number as your LDN.

ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: ldn
TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 00
OPT XLDN
DLDN NO
LDN0 1118[highlight #CC0000][/highlight]
LDN1
LDN2
LDN3
LDN4
LDN5
ICI 00 R000
ICI 01
ICI 02 LD3
ICI 03 LD0
ICI 04 LD1
ICI 05 LD2
ICI 06 INT
ICI 07 RLL
ICI 08 DL0
ICI 09 IAT

I am still having some problems with these PRI's. I am now able to call in no problem but i cannot call out. Dch messaging is telling me this: DCH 72 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 00000028 CH 72 23 TOD 15:59:00 CK B6F72994
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:8653364802 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: NATL
CALLED #:4145001 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: NATL

DCH 72 UIPE_IMSG CC_REJECT_IND REF 00000028 CH 72 23 TOD 15:59:02 CK B6F72AD7
CAUSE: #28 - INVALID NUMBER FORMAT

Calls on my working PRI come through as this:
DCH 13 OMSG REL COMP REF 00000015 CH 13 21 TOD 16:00:44

DCH 13 OMSG SETUP REF 00000015 CH 13 21 TOD 16:00:46
CALLING #:3363271 NUM PLAN: E164/SUBSCRIBER (NXX)/LOCL
CALLED #:2153655 NUM PLAN: E164/SUBSCRIBER (NXX)/LOCL

DCH 13 OMSG DISC REF 00009AF0 CH 13 1 TOD 16:00:46
CAUSE :NORMAL CALL CLEARING