Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing numbers to new DID PRI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansel77

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
US
We are in the process of migrating our DID trunks to a sonnet ring. AT&T built us two new PRI's on the ring and took 5 numbers from the old working PRI's for us to test calls. I am trying to figure out how to test these numbers on the new PRI's. I built new trunks, routes and d-channels for these new sonnet ring PRI's. Do i have to build DSC's for these numbers and then put the numbers on a phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can just put those numbers on a phone, no reason to do DSC's. As long as the out pulsed digits match the number you put on the phone it should work.

I built one of the numbers on a phone and i am able to call out to my cell phone. When i try to call in from my cell phone i get a busy signal. Any suggestions?

Make sure the Telco is sending you the correct amount of digits.

I traced the call and it is showing it going out my old DID trunk. I need it to go out the new one but I am not sure how to route it that way

Just dial the ACOD of the new route you built

I noticed when i dial the ACOD and a local number my b-channel goes into LCKO. Do i need to have a clock source attached to my PRI card? Thanks again for your help.

If you already have a clock reference defined then you don't need an additional one. Is your d-channel established. Is your protocol set up to match the carrier?

Do i have to point the PRI to the clock reference? The D-chaneel is established. AT&T "says" the changed the protocol to match.

What kind of switch do you have. 61, 81 CS1000 with media gateways? If you have media gateways then you have to have a clock defined in each media gateway.

It is an 81C that has been upgraded to a CS1000m. I know my current DID PRI's have four line cords coming off the Dual PRI going to two clock controller cards.

old pri would have a DID service route (on pbx)

new pri would have a NEW DID service route (on pbx)

when you enable DCH monitoring on the NEW PRI's DCH, you should see the call incoming on that.

if you see it coming in on the OLD DCH that means the translations Central Office team has not moved the DID to the new circuit yet.

Second, you said ".....I traced the call and it is showing it going out my old DID trunk."

calls really should not go out the DID route, DID routes are meant to be inbound.

That's all you need is what you have. There are no more clock connections or programming that you have to do. Typically new PRI's are being configured as NI2, just make sure everyone matches. Also make sure in your d-channel config that your are defined as USR and not NET. The CO will be the NET.

I turned on dch monitoring and when the number is dialed it is coming into the new PRI. Not sure what is wrong, all the programming seems correct. Anymore suggestions are appreciated

How bout you post a copy of your d-channel, route and trunk programming. You have made the cable connection from your MSDL card to the PRI card, right? Or are you using an on board d-channel card on a DDP card?

you said that you can see the number incoming on the new PRI.
in the digits dialed section of the DCH message does it show the 4 digits or all 10?

It shows all 10. the working PRI's only show 4. I inserted a and IDC table to strip the other digits but it is still showing ten. here is my trunk, dchl, and route.

REQ: prt
TYPE: trk
TN 67 1
DATE
PAGE

DES RING
TN 067 01
TYPE DID
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 67 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
NITE
STRI/STRO OWK OWK
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR APN THFD HKD SPCD
P10 VNL
TKID
DTCR NO
AACR NO
DATE 13 SEP 2012

d-channel

ADAN DCH 67
CTYP MSDL
GRP 2
DNUM 14
PORT 1
DES RINGDID
USR PRI
DCHL 67
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC S100
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 36
RCAP ND2
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

Route

EQ: prt
TYPE: RDB
CUST 0
ROUT 67

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 67
DES DIDRING
TKTP DID
TW_ROUTE NO
M911_ANI NO
M911_TONE NO
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
NODE
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC S100
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
ISAR NO
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
DSEL VOD
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
PREM NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7200
TCPP NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES
DCNO 3
NDNO 3 *
DEXT NO
DNAM NO
MFC NO
ICIS YES
OGIS YES
PTUT 0
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640

PAGE 002

FLH 510
GTO 896
GTI 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096

IENB 5
VSS 0
VGD 6
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
DDO NO
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
QREC YES
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPD YES
NDP EXC 0
CDRX YES
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO
PANS YES
RACD NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
OPR NO
PRDL NO
EOS NO
DNSZ 0
RCAL NO
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
BTT 30
ACKW NO
ART 0
TIDY 7200 0
SGRP 0
CCBA NO
ARDN NO

That interface of S100 looks a little odd to me. I have never seen that used. Typically with new PRI's everyone is using NI2. That PNI of 00000 could be an issue, I would change it to 00001. But once again, the IFC type seems strange to me. Has the carrier told you how its set up?

The carrier said to change it to either that or sl1. I couldnt understand him. The translations dept. is suppose to call me back some day. on a side note the d-channel messaging also stated that the number is barred? I appreciate all the help.

I would ask the carrier if it's set up National or Custom. Either way I would have them change it to NI2 and be done with it. Then match your programming to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back