Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLudlow

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have set up a Windows 2000 Server as a Router by configuring Routing and Remote access. What I am trying to do is to create a DMZ. I have two subnets. My workstations and main servers are on a 10.0.10.0 subnet and my outside firewall and Webserver are on a 10.0.90.0 subnet. I can ping from the 10 subnet to the 90 subnet but when i try to browse the web from a workstation no traffic reaches the firewall which is using NAT. I can ping a website and get a response from my firewall but from any other workstation on any subnet I cannot ping a website. I have talked to support for my firewall which is Borderware and they assure me that it has to be a routing issue. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks
Elway07

I will give that a try and let you know what i get.

Thanks

I tried to telnet to 10.0.90.3 and it will not let me connect. I get a message saying connection to host lost immediately.

I have found out what the problem was. I had two gateways set on the Windows 2000 Server Router when I only should have had one. This fixed the problem of browsing the internet from the existing subnet.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back