Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

uvtech

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
I have a Symp 5.0 and all incoming calls are routing to the first agent that logs into the skillset. Calls are not being evenly distributed. Any one ever come accross this issue?

Are youre sure that Symposium link to Meridian (ELAN) worked properly? Similar problem appear if Meridian link to symposium is down (or worked not properly) and agent operate incoming calls throw Meridian ACD queue.

When I stat the ELAN in the PBX it is active.

Somewhere in the SCCS configuration you define how Symposium views available agents when all other elements, such as skillset settings, are equal. I believe the choices are, longest idle time since last SCCS/Application call, longest idle time since last status change, or greatest total idle time while logged into SCCS. I don't believe they are in Call Presentation but nearby in the configuration. Something to look at. Good Luck...

First thing I would verify is what the first person asked... if you are "defaulting" to the ACD it should say so on the agent display and in the Symposium CDN reports.

Secondly if your ELAN/ELNK is up, you can check in Configuration, via the Web CLient. Go to Configuration and Global Settings. The top list is the Agent Order Preference. This gives you the option of:

Longest time in Idle state since last status Change
Longest total time in Idle state since login
Longest total time since last CDN/ACD call

Pick whichever one sounds best for your environment.

Now also remember this... if you choose the "status Change" one or you are already set to that then ANY activity on the phone resets your idle timer. One thing you should check for is that the agents haven't gotten smart to this and started toggling their not ready key or DN key to reset the timer causing only the folks who aren't doing that to get all the calls.

I have actually sat tehre and watched them and they are not doing that. it is showing the correct skillset/cdn on the display when the call comes in. I have pin pointed that the problem only occurs when certain users are logged in with a specific skillset assigned to them.

Well then check the priority of the agents in those skillsets. If they are not all the same priority in that skillset then they won't be evenly distributed.

All priorities are the same. I created another identical user with a different login-id and it is working now. Seems to be only giving me an issue with that specific login-id.

Should probably try deleting it and re-building it now and see if the same problem exists. If that doesn't work wait until you reboot the server again and check. After that I would chalk it up to needing to be added to the do not use again list.

configure the NCC/SWC for "longest idle agent since last ACD call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back