Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ROUTING EVERY OTHER CALL TO DIFFERENT DESTINATION VIA VMPRO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnmsnyder

Vendor
Nov 15, 2006
US
Hi Guys,

Need your help. I've got a customer who is currently understaffed and having trouble keeping up with calls coming to their scheduling dept. They want me to route every other or every 3rd call to a different location for support until they can get their staffing straight. People are choosing option 1 off of an auto attendant in VMPro to get here. What is the best way for me to take every other or every 3rd call and send it to a different destination?

Thanks in advance for any help.

send it to a hunt group and if not answered after x amount of time then have it overflow to another location, this is all covered in the help files

That's not a bad idea but it's not really going to work in this scenario.

what he said... way simpler to implement, and calls only go elsewhere when there's an actual need for it.

GB

Sorry for the delay. Here is the situation. Medical practice with very high call volume and very understaffed. They are wanting to use an existing call center to support them by taking some of their calls. The call center is not sufficiently staffed yet to handle all of their calls which is why I want to send every other call to the call center. Both places are using queuing. I know I could overflow out of the group after a certain time but then we would most likely be transferring out of one queue and into another and thus just pissing the patients off even more. Hope that makes sense.

Make sure to turn off queue'ing for the groups. Calls go to first group and if not answered, or if all members are busy, then calls immediately go to second group. If you have too, make a third group that is just the first group with queue'ing turned on and add it as the second overflow group. So calls try group A, it is busy it tries group B, and both are busy it goes to C (which is just A members) but is now queue'ed. So you are only queue'ed if absolutely neccesary and you are not taken in and out of the queue.

Oh I wrote my post before you stated its not going to a group its going offsite to a call center...

ok seeing you want ever other call point all calls from option 1 to a hunt group configured as sequential, 1st call hits an agent 2nd call hit a virtual user that is forwarded off site, 3rd call hit an agent then 4th call hits another virtual station that is forwarded off site. Maybe this will work for you, to me it seems that staffing the office would be a better solution rather then putting in band-aids

Could not agree more with your staffing comment. Customer agrees as well but their hiring process takes a long time. I like that thought process with the sequential hunt group. I'll play around with that. Thank you joe2938.

This can be achieved using user variables

Check usr variable if Not <val> set user variable to val - transfer internaly, else clear Variable then transfer off switch.

it is not as ideal a solution as getting more staff.

I would also prefere to use group overflows if at all possible as then the call can be reclaimed by the IPO should somene become free.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

In ICR send the calls to a group and disable queuing, announcements and Voicemail on the group, put in the fallback destination the external number the calls are to be send to if all users are on a call.
So when a local user is available they get the call, if no one is available the call is send to the external service.

No VM Pro needed and works without failing unless you don't have enough channels on you external lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back