Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Engine Service does not start due cannot find the path 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmartinez

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
US
I uninstall IIS and re-install it. After that the Routing Engine Service does not start. I have the following information from the event viewer: Source = Service Control Manager, Event ID = 7023. Description = The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine services terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Thanks for any help.

Must Re-install Exchange. Just run Setup then choose reinstall. Removing IIS toasts the add-ins to SMTP that happen during install of E2K. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I did it last night and it worked. Thanks.

Alberto

Now I can access the exchange server but only from Windows 98 clients with Outlook 2000. If I try with a w2k client and outlook xp then, when adding an exchange account in outlook xp I receive the following error: The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. I goung a MS article Q257885. This describes the error but does not help.

So you can't check name?

What if you put your GC for the Exchange Server? Then can you check name and get in? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Yes I cant check the name it finds the server but cannot resolve the e-mail address. It's strage. With a w98/outlook 2000 workstation there is no problem. Is juts with W2K and Outlook XP. I have an other Exchange server and I can chak the name there with out problem. I think is something corrupted in the AD may be the object NTDS. Any ideas on how to repair the object? I do not want to demote and promote the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back