Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing DID To Other System

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHaney

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2005
CA
I have a user at Site B (BCM50) who is moving to Site A (BCM450), who also has a DID tied to her extension at Site B. Since both sites are in different area codes I can't move the DID, and need to redirect any calls to the DID across our VoIP trunk to her new extension at Site A.

I've done some searching on here and think I have everything set up OK but it doesn't work, I've probably screwed up a simple step somewhere. We can call between sites with no problems, and can even call outbound numbers from Site B through the PRI at Site A.

I thought all I had to do on Site B is set either the Prime Set or Priv. Received # on the target line for that DID to the new extension at Site A. Whenever I do this it tells me that x1383 is not a valid DN (it will only accept a DN that is local to Site B, which has all 2xxx numbers).

Does anyone have any tips for something I might have missed?

Thanks!
Mike

Try this,
Remove the public received number from the Target Line at site B.
Configure the public received number as a destination code at site B and use the route comprised of your VoIP trunks.
Configure the DID digits on the Target Line at site A as the Private Received number.

HTH!

-SD-

Thanks a ton SD. So far no dice, however on Site A I couldn't set the 7 digit received # as it would only accept 4. I set it to the last 4 digits, then on Site A set the dest code to the full 7 digits and absorb 3.

When I call the DID now it just keeps ringing and I don't see the call show up in the BCM monitor for either system.

It's OK that you couldn't set it to receive 7. As long as you can recieve as many, or less, than are being sent, its all good.
For example, I can send you 7 digits. If you have your received number length set at 4, you will use the last 4 digits I send and you will only be able to configure 4 digits in the received number field. As long as there is a target line, or des code, matching those last 4 digits the call will be processed.

So, you have a des code of 7 digits and you are absorbing the first 3 and sending the remainder. Those remaining digits must be configured in the IP Routing Table to make an association between the digits dialed and the destination IP address.

Do you have that?

You will also need to configure a Remote Access Package, like Pkg 01, that allows the PRI to access the VoIP pool group.

-SD-

I must be entirely missing something simple... I've added the remote package and assigned it to the VoIP pool and have added the last 4 digits to the IP trunk route. Here's what I have set, maybe you can see something I've skipped?

Site A (BCM450, Ext 1xxx)
* Target extension is on this system
Target Line 678
Control & prime set x1220
Private received # is 8495
Assigned DN's is my extension x1234

Site B (BCM50, Ext 2xxx)
* Target DID is on this system, DID #5558495 is NOT configured on any target lines
IP Trunk
Destination digits: 1 6 9 8495
Targeted to IP of SiteA BCM450
Active VoIP lines (BlocA) set to remote package 15
Dial Plan Route 002 goes to BlocA, Private
Dial Plan Route 015 goes to BlocA, Public (for external calling via SiteA PRI)
Dest Code #5558495 route to 002, absorb length 3
Remote Access Package 15 enabled, line pools BlocA & BlocB

I figure it must still be something at Site B, as when I call the DID #5558495 the BCM monitor at Site B never shows the inbound call and on my end it just keeps ringing.

Mike,
Was this a valid statement or a typo:
I figure it must still be something at Site B, as when I call the DID #5558495 the BCM monitor at Site B never shows the inbound call and on my end it just keeps ringing.

Let's review:
PRI Inbound call -->Site B ---> VoIP ---> Site A --->DN

If you never see the call arrive at site B on the PRI, it will never get to site A.

-SD-

It is unfortunately a valid statement. With this setup I do not see the DID call appear at Site B; however if I remove the dest code and attach the DID to a line & DN it rings through just fine.

OK ... I think it may be a digit length conflict.
At site B, navigate in Element Manager to Telephony>Dialing Plan>Public Network.
What is the value for Public Received Number Length?

-SD-

I just checked it now, Site B public received # length is 7. In case it might be part of the issue, I also have a listing for Public Network DN Lengths, where the DN prefix is 6 and the DN length is 11.

I thought this might be an issue because the DID we have is in the area code 647 (DID # 6475558495)... We use the DN prefix of 6 for users to dial when they want to make an outbound call via the PRI at Site B (DN prefix 8 is currently for the local PRI).

Have you tried line redirection under the target line settings? You should just have to add you VOIP access code and the destination digit of the remote end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back